Becoming a Member
If you are interested in becoming a member, we offer newcomer orientations several times a year to learn more about the Fellowship. These interactive workshops allow participants the opportunity to explore the history and principles of Unitarian Universalism and the people, programs and administration of our unique Fellowship. The schedule is announced in the newsletter, or you may call the office at (408) 358-1212 to find out when the next orientation will be held.
If you feel like you have found a spiritual home here, we invite you to have a conversation with our minister or the president of the Fellowship, followed by signing our membership book. Your signature in our membership book affirms your commitment to enjoy the following benefits of membership in our liberal religious community:
- Aligning your actions with your beliefs and affirming your support for the actions and values of Unitarian Universalism.
- Making a commitment to belonging to this congregation, entering into our community, and supporting our shared future.
- Voting rights as a stakeholder in the Fellowship, participation in the important self-governing decisions of our congregation.
- Have the ability to serve on the Board of Directors.
- Have the ability to represent the Fellowship at District meetings and/or the Unitarian Universalist Association; and a subscription to The UU World magazine.
- Facility use and ministerial fees are waived for members' personal events (weddings/commitment ceremonies, child dedications, memorial services, or other commemorations.) A refundable security deposit is still required.
Becoming a member also affirms that you wish to become a responsible member of our community. We expect that our members participate in the following ways within the Fellowship:
- Volunteer an appropriate amount of time and energy, according to your talents, ability, and schedule to the programs and administration of our congregation.
- Provide a personally meaningful level of financial resources for the Fellowship in recognition of the importance of maintaining a liberal religious presence and values for ourselves and in the greater community. This financial contribution is tax deductible.
- Uphold the Fellowship's commitment to maintaining a welcoming and safe congregation, which includes emotional, spiritual, physical safety for both children and adults.
- Act upon Unitarian Universalist principles and values in reaching out to the wider world through personal example, volunteer service, and political action.
Those who choose not to become members, but regularly participate in the UUFLG community are known as "friends" of the Fellowship. We welcome friends to actively engage in classes and activities, volunteer to support these activities and contribute financially to help sustain the programs, ministry, and facility which they enjoy.
Address: 15980 Blossom Hill Road, Los Gatos, CA 95032
Phone: (408) 358-1212